Even though Madeline has not been born yet (due date is June 17), we wanted to share the last two months of our pregnancy journey with you.
A short recap of the pregnancy so far:
After an interesting journey to conception, complete with three rounds of Clomid, we found out we had a little bun in the oven on October 9, 2009. If you mention the word "Clomid" to Glenn, he still shudders. Let's just suffice it to say that being on that drug did not bring out the best in me, but we got through it and are so thankful that it worked. We only shared the news with family and some friends before nine weeks. Then Glenn told some of his Sedgefield golf buddies and all hope of keeping it quiet until the end of the first trimester was gone. Luckily nothing went wrong.
We first saw her and heard her heartbeat at the 7 week ultrasound. They screened for Down's at the 12 week ultrasound, and she passed. Our modest girl kept her little legs crossed at the 18 week ultrasound, so we had to wait until week 23 to find out what we were having. And then the "everything pink" shopping spree began...
The Sick and Tired Trimester (first trimester): I started experiencing morning sickness (aka 24/7 sickness) at five weeks and I didn't stop throwing up until 15ish weeks.
The Heavenly Trimester (second trimester): After the sickness ended, I seemed to have newfound energy and was able to start going to the gym. Once the weather finally warmed up, I started taking Lindi (our awesome dog) on long walks too. My dear friend Carrie also introduced me to the incredible world of prenatal yoga...I'm only sorry that every pregnant woman can't take classes with Cheryl at Family Yoga.
The Holy Cow Can I Seriously Get any Bigger trimester (third trimester): With two months to go, I'm not entirely sure how I can possibly get any bigger. She is already kicking my ribs and causing me to almost get sick when she rolls in to my stomach. I've learned to eat frequent, small meals because I get full quickly and if I keep eating, I just feel sick. Tums has become my best friend to help attack the heartburn monster. Sleep, or lack thereof, is proving to be quite a challenge. Between frequent trips to the bathroom, crazy dreams and just being uncomfortable it's no wonder that I can join the insomniacs anonymous club. She moves and kicks very regularly and though it can be painful, it's more reassuring that she is doing well than anything else.
I just can't wait to meet her and to get back to feeling like myself again. I'm already so in love with our daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment