Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Nursery is Finally Finished!!!

FINALLY all of the furniture is in and the "tree branches" are painted! The room is strangely shaped so it is hard to get a photo of the whole room, so this is it in pieces. My pictures are terrible (click here to see all of them), so it looks much, much better in person. We still need to add some artwork (I doubt Maddi will notice or care), but other than that it's done!!!! Daddy did a great job putting the crib together for his baby girl!!





There are many special things to point out:
  
1. Glenn picked the beautiful Young America furniture and chose a distressed white finish that looks gorgeous in the room.

2. My mom, "Ouma" and I (but mostly Ouma if I'm being honest) made her pretty window treatment - a Roman Shade that Glenn and I love in the room.

3. The bedding was a gift from Sally.  A company out of South Africa hand embroiders the animals and sews the bedding together.  I worked for Sally, Sue and Lana's company selling these linens when Glenn and I met at the ABC trade show in 2006.

4. Grandma Park's dresser chest sits by the window and Recliner so that Maddi will have a piece of Carol's mom with her always.

5. The piggy bank was Glenn's when he was a little boy!

6. Auntie Olga and Uncle Wayne gave us a painting by my Auntie Dot for our wedding gift.  It hangs above Grandma Park's chest.

7. I painted the tree branches in the style of Jane Reiseger.  Thanks to Carrie's sister Margeaux for the link. 



3 comments:

Ashley Hilliard Gabriel said...

Abosolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing the extra info about all the meaningful pieces in her room!

Ashlie said...

Her room looks adorable. Cannot wait to see it in person.

Rebecca said...

Beautiful nursery! I have an extra crib sheet that is pink, green & yellow... I will drop it by your house one day. You may or may not know this already, but you will find yourself changing that crib sheet A LOT! :) So nice to meet you and Glenn over Member-Guest. Let's try to get together soon (or soon after your little Maddi arrives).

Post a Comment